Initial online submission
Applicants are requested to submit images of six recent works (paintings or 3D work) for consideration by the committee.
If successful, applicants will then be required to attend a physical submission process with at least six original works including a minimum of three presented to exhibition standard. It would be very useful to also see sketchbooks, a portfolio of work, and preparatory sketches.
The work, which must be completely original, is assessed by the Committee, who will offer one of the following:
- Full membership: £38 p.a. – permitting you to exhibit four framed paintings or works of art at each Exhibition and four browser works (or such quantities as shall be agreed by the committee from time to time);
- Associate membership: £20 p.a. – permitting you to exhibit one painting or work of art at each Exhibition and one browser work (or such quantities as shall be agreed by the committee from time to time).
I understand that by submitting a membership application I am providing consent for my email address and the information I have provided to be used by the Association of Sussex Artists in relation to my application and for my details to be retained for the duration of this process after which they will be deleted. I understand that the Association of Sussex Artists will not use the information I provide for any other purposes.
Please ensure you include:
- your artist’s CV / statement – attach the file or copy and paste the text into the message (it looks like a small box but it can take it)
- links to your website / social media
- attach images of six recent works