The Association, one of the oldest in the county, was founded in 1928 by an aspiring Sussex artist, Mr J.T. McGaw and a few kindred spirits living in the Horsham area.
The Association has enjoyed an almost uninterrupted run of exhibitions since its inception – apart from one or two years during the Second World War – and remains as resilient as ever, with a passionate membership, collectively working in many different media including sculpture, pottery and woodcarving.
It attracts artists from throughout the community and is rightly proud of its eclectic makeup and the exceptionally high standard of work.
This diversity in the Association’s makeup applies equally to its artists’ training, with many of the country’s leading Art Colleges being represented within the Association. But at the same time, it enjoys the valuable contribution of many self-taught artists as can be seen by browsing our member’s works in the gallery.
The Rules of Association can be found here.